For good reason, juice bars are springing up all over the place. Drinking fresh juices can assist to detoxify the body, make it more alkaline, and offer you more energy and a clear mind.
Juicing is a popular way for an increasing number of individuals to reduce weight quickly, acquire sufficient nutrition, and support healthy lifestyles.
I reach for a nutritious juice whenever I return from vacation or a particularly awful eating night to cleanse my body and give my digestive system a break.
I’m sharing four of our favourite juicing recipes, each with a different combination of fruits and veggies. My oldest daughter is a “health nut,” so we make these homemade juices once a week and keep them in jars in the refrigerator so they’re easy to find. Juicing at home saves SO much money!
What Are The Health Benefits Of Juicing?
According to the Mayo Clinic, drinking freshly produced juices allows your body to absorb nutrients more effectively than eating entire fruits and vegetables, as well as giving your digestive system a break from fibre digestion. Juicing is said to lower your cancer risk, strengthen your immune system, assist remove toxins from your body, aid digestion, and promote weight loss. Juices can offer you a boost of energy and help you think clearly.
What Fruits And Vegetables To Use For Juicing?
Carrots, cucumber, celery, kale, spinach, beets, and romaine lettuce are among the most popular veggies. Lemons, oranges, apples, and limes are the most common fruits for juicing. Fresh ginger, parsley, chlorella, and turmeric are among the other ingredients.
What Are The Health Benefits Of Fruits And Vegetables In A Juice Cleanse?
- Kale is a low calorie superfood with anti-inflammatory characteristics that can aid with arthritis and autoimmune illnesses.
- Spinach the beauty of spinach is how easily the flavour can be hidden. It has a mild flavour but is high in vitamins, has anti-cancer qualities, and is one of the world’s healthiest foods.
- Cucumber because it is 95% water, it is an excellent detoxifier and aids liver and kidney function.
- Lemon is one of the most crucial ingredients to have in your kitchen since it is a powerful cleanser and cuts through the bitterness of greens.
- Carrots are high in beta-carotene, fibre, vitamin K, and potassium, among other nutrients. Carrots have been linked to enhanced eye health and lower cholesterol levels.
- Celery is low in calories due to its high water content. It has a low glycemic index and is high in dietary fibre, Vitamin A, Vitamin C, and Vitamin K.
- Beets include nutrients that may lower blood pressure, reduce inflammation, and aid in detoxification.
- Apples it’s a well-known adage that “one apple a day keeps the doctor away.” Aids in the battle against inflammation and heart health.
- Oranges are an immune system booster due to their high Vitamin C content and low calorie content.
- Anti inflammatory and antioxidant effects of turmeric
- Ginger helps with digestion and immune system support.
Here Are The Fruit And Vegetables Juice Combinations Below:
- Drink Your Greens: Spinach, Cucumber, Celery, Lemon, Ginger, and Apple (optional: parsley)
- The Detoxifier: Beets, Carrots, Lemon, Ginger, Apple
- The Vision: Carrots, Oranges, Ginger (optional: turmeric)
- Sweet Carrot: Apples, Carrots, and Parsley